Kassarie & Kayliray

The last few months in the Mortensen household have been in a word, crazy. Long story short we decided to move for the hub’s job to a town a few hours away. We packed up our house, rented it out to some family and moved. After living there for a total of four months the hubs got a promotion back at home so we moved back. Our house was rented for another several months so we had to rent a place in our original town.

We’ve since toyed with the idea of building a new home here, buying another place here, moving back into our old house once the lease there is up… But we have finally decided on a completely different and much more exciting option!

We are going to purchase and renovate the home that my husband grew up in and hope to call that our forever home!!

Casa de Mortensen Before Exterior

So there it is in all of it’s pre-renovated glory! This house is a special place for my husband for obvious reasons. He grew up there. His childhood was spent there. But it’s a special place for me too. It’s the first place we lived together after college. We spent a few months living there with his dad before buying the house we own now (and currently have rented out.)

It’s in a small town, just 45 minutes from where we live now. When I told a friend of mine we would be moving there she gaffed at the thought of no Wal-Mart. ;) This town is actually bigger than where I grew up so it’s no big deal for me. Just an adjustment from what we’re used to now. It’s a place we are excited to raise our daughter and a place we are excited to call HOME.

My life for the last few and probably several future months has just about revolved around getting this going. Our plans include renovating the entire inside of the home and the exterior as well! I am really excited to share our home buying and renovation story with you here. Hope you’ll stop by often and follow along with us on the road to our dream home!

Kassi

32 responses to “Casa de Mortensen – Complete Home Renovation”

1. kassie says:

I think that’s such a cool thing and even more so since he grew up there!

2. Lauren says:

What a beautiful property! We bought the house that I grew up in and renovated it, and we love it.

3. Very Erin says:

That’s so exciting! I hope to see many renovation posts and before/after pictures!

4. So exciting!! I cannot wait to see all your hard work!

5. Bethany says:

Wow how exciting!! My boyfriend and I are currently renovating our home too! Good luck on your project, I look forward to seeing all the changes!

6. How cool!! Love this idea!!

7. Laina Turner says:

It’s awesome to be able to make memories with your family where he grew up.

8. Daria says:

Awesome! That is so great to hear. So many memories and a special place where you can raise a family and create everlasting memories as well. I’m seriously thinking about buying my grandmother’s home. I can’t seem to let the memories go from there and don’t want to see an outsider purchase the home. Congrats!!!

• Kassi says:

Yes! We totally get wanting to keep it in the family! Hard to see someone else in what you consider your home!

9. Ashleigh says:

Awesome that you are renovating this house!! So cool! Great post…thank you for sharing! Please come share and link up with me tonight starting at 6p at http://www.wrightsimply.com/search/label/Linky
    Others will love it, too! Have a great day! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

10. Megan says:

wow that’s great. I can’t wait to follow along and see how the renovation goes!

11. Dana says:

Renovations are exciting and stressful, but in the end you will be so happy that you created exactly what you wanted!! Good luck and I can’t wait to see the progress!

12. Such a sweet story! I love that it’s such a special place for your husband… He will love living there! Can’t wait to see it all fixed up!

• Kassi says:

Thanks Betsy!!! We are so excited! And thanks for stopping by today! Hope you’ll come back for some before and afters!

13. Jess Beer says:

So exciting – can’t wait to see how it turns out!

14. How fun!! Good luck with the renovation!

15. Susannah says:

How fun!!! I look forward to reading about the renovation!

16. Caroline says:

So awesome!!!!!!!!! How exciting!